PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA response time to complaint?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 12:08
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
This man helped the Japanese to understand customer service and that was 45 or so years ago! W. Edwards Deming - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Companies cut back on training and the number/quality of staff - but the PR department carry on as usual, if not redoubling their efforts. So complaints start to rise. Unfortunately, the CS department has also cut back on training and the number/quality of staf. The company may then be said to endlessly fly 'circuits and bumps' of poor service and poor response. I am NOT saying that is where BA is, their situation has been discussed in here many times and their 'end of natural era' position.

Slight thread drift but on the theme of electronic response:

To give further support to Hipennine's approach to reaction, my view when a written reply is needed:
  • We used to write letters and expect a reply within ten days.
  • We used to send faxes and expect a reply within three days.
  • We send an e-mail and expect a reply in 24 hours.
I find it staggering that I can send an enquiry to 'info@' or 'contact@' and get ZERO reply. I find this on big companies, such as a recent enquiry to National Express coach about buying a ticket. ZERO reply and I presume that, after four weeks, they are not going to reply because they did not get it.

The idea that customers can send requests to a company at a time to suit them (i.e. 03:00) and the company can repsond during normal working hours - and they DON'T?