PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bmibaby
Thread: Bmibaby
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 10:32
CheekyVisual

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is CWLs entire problem, not just baby but the entire airport. Despite BRS terrible road it is still less than an hour from Cardiff's population centre and from Newport the trip time is about the same. This makes Cardiff and Newport part of the BRS catchment area.

Baby appear to have been unable to compete on price with FR and Easy on the med routes over the last two summers, hence CWLs demise I guess. It's not a few quid either even taking into account travel to Bristol the difference is in hundreds for a family of four on most flights. The CWL catchment isn't well off at the moment either. Lots of public sector jobs under threat. People are really looking at every penny.

I used to work for Baby, now work for one of the others, unfortunately. I would always fly with Baby and from CWL by choice but this year I can't justify the premium.

I've operated out of BRS a fair bit this summer lots of Welsh accents on the aircraft ! When price is everything CWL seem unable to compete looking at any airline.

Good luck to Baby though, despite shafting me, they are a generally good bunch of guys and girls I hope it works out for them. Sad for those uprooted from CWL though.