PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows Jet Crash
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 09:41
Flyt3est

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I came on here as a former helo FTE with an avid interest in all aspects of flight safety, fixed and rotary wing, expecting.. sorry.. HOPING to read some information regarding saturdays tragic events, from which I could draw my own opinions on what was obviously sh1te and what was informed opinion. Instead I and many other ppruners are treated to YET ANOTHER multi-page example of self proclaimed experts (Apparently by virtue of having a Pilots licence) telling those who dare infringe upon their hallowed forums, what they should and should not say. Do you really feel the need to scour the media reports and then come on here carping about inaccuracies? Of course they are inaccurate you bellend, they are writers, not engineers, military types or pilots.. you seriously expect your average civvy to know the difference between a squadron, a regiment or a bloody flotilla?? Get a grip!

Finally, Oh great aviators (for which I am truly humbled to be in your presence) I put it to you that only current serving or recent former members of The Red Arrows are really experts on this matter, so should we not limit posting rights further to these guys?

RIP Flt Lt Egging - By your achievements you were a fine aviator, and part of a team which represent the United Kingdom with skill and professionalism globally, for that you should be remembered and held in the highest regard.

PS- I give this post 20 minutes before it's deleted or I'm banned.

Edit: Why? Do you think that swearing is a forte of yours and you have the right? Did you think it was clever to swear? It is against PPRuNe rules and the next time you will be banned. Your choice!

Apologies, it was used in the context of expressing extreme frustration at another serious thread being overtaken by self proclaimed substitute mods, thus diluting, if not completely erasing the relevance of the thread itself.. and I'm from Stirlingshire, swear words, as you consider them, do in fact form part of our native vocabulary.. Its an illness you know.

Last edited by Flyt3est; 22nd Aug 2011 at 10:39. Reason: Profanity