PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 05:42
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes indeed Nigel. I received a PM just yesterday from a well-known Rotorhead urging me to keep-up posting on the Nostalgia Thread so there's still a keen desire from some to continue reminiscing!

I've no objection to continue dropping images and notes from times past but I am mindful that there are Rotorheads who possess interesting images which remain stashed away in attics, cellars, log books and all manner of dubious locations! It would be great if some of those to whom this applies could make the effort to retrieve them, get them scanned and posted onto PPRuNe - for the sake of posterity!

If its too much like hard work then may I recommend the exploitation of your children or grandchildren for this purpose remembering always .. that this is for a good cause!

Finally, there are numerous drivers and mechanics reading PPRuNe who possess a mental library full of amusing, engaging and oft times humorous anecdotes from their aviation career. It could be your former CO performing a 'blooper', a CP trying to start-up with the tie-downs on or some entertaining story about the shenanigans of various clients and owners etc.

I've relayed a number of such incidents relating mainly to my godfather but I know there's a veritable ocean of additional information and stories out there so, please, nostalgia readers, dip in and tell us your experiences whether grand or modest!

A message from Maggs:

My Dear PPRuNes:

I'm with Savoia on this one. Those of you with memorabilia from your rotary days really should allow the next generation to benefit from your wealth of experience, not only from an operational point of view but also in your humour and indulgences.

I very much enjoy reading the Rotorheads pages although I remain perturbed by Britain's inability to lead the field in this industry. I never wanted Alan to sell-off his interests in Bristow but to keep it among a consortium of exclusively British owners - now look where it is! Most disappointing.

Nevertheless, there's always this forum to reflect upon Britain's (and other nations) rotary triumphs and either myself or my son Mark (who knows the Kenyon well) will be keeping an eye on your ramblings.

Best of luck,

Maggs

Maggs & Co. with one of Alan's 76's on 30th May 1987