PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC post-incident procedure
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2011, 01:08
Robot1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi

I'm was an ATCO in what some may consider a minor European unit... we have an MOR system and CISM. My first MOR occured just 2 weeks after checking out as an approach controller. I lost separation between traffic on finals and the base (went down to 4 nm when 5nm was min). Anyway my watch manager was a renound tyrant... but i coundn't believe when he took me aside and said... you don't have to declare anything until you've heard the voice recordings and seen the radar playback. When you're in a tight spot you do what you can,,, but it's very difficult to account for your actions until after the adreniline has calmed down, Never commit to a full report until you review all the tapes.... My initial report read 'xxx base rwy xx... xxx finals rwy xx, standard separation lost'.

I was amazed after the event to find there was a major weather front passing though at the time that diviated the base traffic off course... but not as amazed at the actions of my so called tyranical watch manager who it turned out was a newly trained ( and very good ) CISM peer.

ATC can be a bxxxard of a job, and any unit that doesn't provide CISM type support is in serious breach of EU H&S legislation. The CAA should be informed if any unit under their remit is not complying with current H&S legislation... Will try to dig out a link for you... (Military may be a different story though)

Last edited by Robot1; 22nd Aug 2011 at 01:21.