PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Bases - A330 Captains
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 17:46
oicur12.again

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Airdualbleedfault,

Like on other threads about this subject, you are keen to jump in and show your ignorance despite several posters providing you with factual information.

“if you live in Australia this means you can take another 30 % off, no ?”

Incorrect. Again, if the CS contract is implemented the same as the CA contract, and I suspect it will be, then the ATO will be happy. You WILL NOT be fully taxed in both countries.

and…..

“If this is true it sucks arse ! Live in our great country, with all the benefits that go with it,”

I suspect you do not understand how tax treaties work. Do some research on tax relief and you will find that nobody is enjoying “all of the benefits” for free. Nobody.

“You could probably take another 48.5% off or whatever the marginal rate is there now. You will be double taxed.”

Again, incorrect.

Like CA, this is NOT a tax-free salary. The company (probably with a wink and a nod) takes care of your entire tax obligation in China. This keeps the ATO happy as TAX HAS BEEN PAID.

In simple terms, the CS gross salary is approximately $24000 USD per month. The company then pays full Chinese tax on this salary and you are left with approximately $18000 USD per month.

I hope this is simple enough.