PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 15:14
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THAT ******ing BOOK

Hey DunePrune don't go...... you voiced a perfectly valid point about that book, voiced from the point of view of a pilot too. I think I speak for the majority of posters when I say that you are most welcome here, please carry on posting.
As far as the book goes, well I suppose just like most books it's a rather subjective thing but PERSONALLY I think that book was total crap!! Apart from the old 'Concorde APU' side of things (and I still chuckle at the thought of a sizable pneumatic pipe, carrying HOT passing air through a large fuel tank trying to get certification) there were also several other goofs that gave one the idea that the author was, ahem... not very 'plane minded'. Placing the bomb inside Tank 11 'before it was welded shut' shows total ignorance as far as the way that aircraft are built. The other one was the description of locating a wire by it's colour and the colour of a tracer within that wire. Concorde, just like most aircraft used plain white Poly-X or yellow Kapton Liquid-H cable with circuit identification printed on the cable at regular lengths.
All you did was to voice your very valid opinion here, so don't stop posting DunePrune and stay around.

Last edited by M2dude; 24th Aug 2011 at 16:37.