PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 12:23
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Mr Optimistic
RF4 thanks. Only one comment: no rudder?
I wouldn´t have used one. It was a pro spin flight control in my stall and spin training. The main emphasis of the procedure is reduction of AOA. AF447 PF concentrated on roll for too long.
The yawing and the problems of the PF to reestablish wings level flight was imho caused by using ailerons at that high AOA.

One interesting paragraph i forgot in the above post, it is from the introduction part and should have been on the top:

Note the thing about tactile feedback.

All modern jet transports are certified to exhibit adequate warning of impending stall to give the pilot opportunity to recover by decreasing the angle of attack. Whether this warning is by natural aerodynamic buffet or provided by a stick shaker or other warning devices, it warns the pilot when the angle of attack is getting close to stall. Moreover, the warning is required to be in a form other than visual. The pilot need not look at a particular instrument, gauge, or indicator. The warning is tactile: the pilot is able to feel the stall warning with enough opportunity to recover promptly. Pilots need to be especially cognizant of stall warning cues for the particular airplanes they fly. The onset of stall warning should be taken as an indication to not continue to increase the angle of attack.