PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 10:09
cliffnemo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kev, what a really nice story. Agreed that we need to get these stories written down while we still can.

Where are you Cliff?

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi Kev. Still 'pottering' . Things like flying to R.A.F Wickenby , courtesy Project Propeleller. Piloted by a director of Air-Ads ,Blackpool. in a Cessna 182.After take off on the return journey , at 300' he told me to take over and if I wanted to then climb to 2000' and fly to Hemswell. Smashing day . perfect 'vis' Our other passenger was ex W/OP \Lancaster. On landing at Blackpool he said he would like sometime to fly us to another airfield for lunch, which he did. He flew us to Elvington, bought lunch , wouldn't accept a penny.Another lovely day. Also had a few days camping and dinghy sailing on Coniston lake. ( Will post pic to thread, pictures of every one), Followed by Youth Hosteling at Welsh Bickton Ross-on-Wye. Just returned from Youth Hosteling, with my grandson, at the Friary Beverley. Had a smashing steak pie lunch at a pub near you ( Millington, The Gait Inn ) . Took grandson to R.A.F Woodvale show in the beach buggy, where the Battle of Britain flight made four passes.