PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No 1st upgrades with United for 1ks? "Off limits"
Old 21st Aug 2011, 09:30
BlueTui

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get the American culture that is obsessed with upgrades as part of an entitlement within a FF scheme. I am a silver member of both Virgin and British Airways and I don't expect any more than the sold benefits of said cards. I realise I'm not the most important customer on their flights there will be gold customers.

I am usually very lucky flying with Virgin and their codeshare partners, and cannot recall the last time I wasn't upgraded in some form or another. BA it's been a few years. But I wouldn't be "put out" if I hadn't got something for nothing just because of a piece of card I carry around.

Sorry if this comes across as harsh, it's not my intention I just read so many comments along the lines of this expecting upgrades when it isn't actually a benefit.

Supermarkets have loyalty cards, if I bought a pack of own brand biscuits, I wouldn't expect the shop assistant to replace them with a premium branded pack in their place.