PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying South America
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2011, 00:19
DPeterson3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Route and fuel

I've been working on planning our trip down - which largely parallels Dusty's but at a later date. It would appear that several places no longer have 100 AVGAS, and information is hard to come by. Thus, I've ordered the long range tank mod for my Mooney giving me upwards of 12 hours range if I care to do it - which I won't. It will, however, give us more options along the way.

I think I can get as far as Antigua with reliable AVGAS sources. After that, it's not so certain. I had assumed I would go into Trinidad, but what little news I've found makes it sound like they are downright hostile to people who land at their airport. Any comments on Trinidad?

We can make it to Georgetown Guyana from Antigua, but what is Georgetown like? 100 AVGAS? I've read some notes regarding very high prices and conflict between the FBO and the airport authorities.

Suriname requires a visa to enter, so we'll try to avoid that.

Cayenne is located in a good place - but again I can't find info regarding AVGAS.

Can someone suggest sources for up-to-date info on fuel for the southern Caribbean and down to Uruguay? I'm betting Brazil has it on hand, but it would be nice to have a contact to confirm.

Thanks to all

Last edited by DPeterson3; 24th Aug 2011 at 15:10.