PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 777 Captains to the A380?
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2011, 21:42
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me on this forum the amount of crap people spout as fact!!

Example: InnocentBystander claims that the first 15 A380's cost $85m each????

Are you crazy?? It is well known in the industry that manufactures and Airlines NEVER disclose the amount paid for aircraft when doing deals. I have no doubt that EK got a great deal on them, but for gods sake be sensible man!!

Unless you are TC or Sheik A, there is no way you could possibly know the intricacies of the business deals between Airbus and EK, so I urge you to produce evidence of your claim or remove it all together!

And then we have Dropp with the age old nonsense about the A380 only carrying 10t more payload than the B777..... As WK alluded to, just how much monetary value are you allocating to 10t worth of First and Business Class pax and the extra 100 Y class pax?? You know very well that Payload alone doesn't even begin to tell a financial story. If it did, then Net Jets wouldn't make any money on the 1 passenger they have on board.

Be sensible chaps, EK is very good at making money PERIOD! Do you honestly think they would order 90 A380's and be talking about more if they didn't make money? That my friends is the simple fact of the matter.... Nuff Said!