PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2011, 14:58
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clandestino,
We don't have to exchange posts, if we can't keep it technical. I apologize in advance, if I got myself, or get in this post, side-tracked into "personal".

I was also looking for your own words, and your own logic, so that it would open up your own understanding, your own thinking, putting the apparent cliche arrogance of "I know better, you know nothing" aside, so we could talk science, ideas casually, as opposed to dismissive references to, or quotations from scripts.

This Forum can be fun, but can get boring if one takes himself too serious...

Originally Posted by Clandestino
Originally Posted by airtren
I was looking for your own words, and your own supporting explanation, as short statements alone are often too brief to be a platform for a discussion, and so can be a book reference.
Discussion with people proposing improvement of the system of which basics they are unaware and unwilling to learn, can be productive only by pure chance. Opinions are debatable, facts shouldn't be so.
No, you would not find that there, as I am not quoting a script.

Did you think about it? Did you tell yourself what is the difference in its effect at deep Stall at high altitude, between an announced THS move to an Optimal Stall Recovery position (as mentioned, tbd, but Neutral as a start) by automation, and a THS moved by means of Manual Trim by the pilot?

Originally Posted by Clandestino
'Tis a pity. I am sure that treatise on THSes that supports the notion of automatically zeroing them in case of stall warning should be very interesting read.

Last edited by airtren; 20th Aug 2011 at 17:04.