PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Haddon-Cave, Airworthiness, Sea King et al (merged)
Old 20th Aug 2011, 09:17
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Tourist:
It is not the intentions of people that I question.
Then that is another point where you and I differ. This thread is about Airworthiness, indeed about the provision of Airworthiness, or rather the lack of it, in UK Military Aviation over recent decades. That lack derived from the deliberate policy of subverting and suborning the Regulations at the very highest levels. I do question the intentions, the malevolence, and the moral cowardice, of those VSO's that perpetrated it and inflicted it on our Armed Forces, blaming instead JO's for Gross Negligence in subsequent Airworthiness Related Fatal Accidents.
If only your bit of Goebbelsesque fantasy were the truth! I was a product of the Flight Safety system borne on the back of the appalling list of accidents that you posted. We were always told that it was the Meteor accident rate that was the catalyst of reform, and it is indeed well in the lead, but the others too give much food for thought. To suggest that things have simply gone on getting better and better year on year since, when many avoidable fatal accidents have been featured in this forum and far more haven't, is perverse in my opinion. UK Military Aviation is now at a numerical low to compete with the inter-war years, and each loss thus accounts for a very significant loss rate.
You speak of the differences between military and civil aviation, and they are in truth significant, but they both share an unforgiving response to self delusion. One of us, you or I, is so deluded. If it be me then worry not, for I no longer fly and you are triumphant in your brilliant surmising of the situation. If it be you then I worry, for you, for your fellow aviators, for your loved ones, and for those who depend on your prowess being available when this country needs it. Help those who help you to be around then..... please!