PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAN Peru,Chile, Argentina
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2011, 03:31
planeshots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re-Applying

Hey guys, I applied to LAN Peru January 2011. Like most of the other guys I was given the same old routine. I was there for 2 full months going through this process. Very frustrating and expensive to say the least. They also told me I didn't meet the profile after having done exceptionally well in all the other portions of the interview process. I won't go into all the detail cause I'm still a bit disappointed with all that they had me go through for nothing. I received a call from them after about 2 weeks (after I had been back in the states about a week) and was told I was not selected. I was told I could reapply in 1 year. It seems like an awfully long time to wait while most other airlines say you could reapply in 6 month. Anyone have any feedback on this. Not sure if I will reapply, just want to make sure. Being born in Peru but having been brought up in the States since I was 5, I don't know if I have the "whatever" it is they're looking for that meets their Pilot profile. People in Peru are very different in their thinking and way of being. I don't know if I can get used to it, but I'm willing to try if I got hired. Appreciate any info.