PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 dead in Vic NW of Melb at Wallup
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 19:49
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
Have you read the NVFR syllabus? It clearly lays down what conditions are NVFR and what is not. Just like day VFR but with a navaid endorsement and instrument skills.
I haven't read it recently and if it has changed in the last decade to require the same number of hours under the hood as an IFR rating then I'l shift from my current position and consider my other posts to be in error. Is that the case? How many hours under the hood are required in 2011 for the NVFR?
Just like day VFR but with a navaid endorsement and instrument skills.
Yeah I remember that from when I had one. Do you think that the 'instrument skills' are robust enough considering the situations you can easily get yourself into flying NVFR? ie black hole situations? I don't. Thats my whole point. Either axe it, or up the training on the clocks so that when the pilot becomes confused they have the training to revert to the correct attitude and power settings even though their ears and bum are screaming at them to do something else. Thats still my opinion after the debate thus far but I will happily change it if you can point out why my position isn't right. Cheers.