PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 14:58
AlphaZuluRomeo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello GerardC
Originally Posted by GerardC
- at 02:10:05 speeds are OK and Otto decides to quit (why ?) ;
Did you read §1.16.4.1 of the 3rd interim report?
Also remind that:
- recorded speed are from pitots/ADR 1 & 3
- AP2 was ON, it uses IIRC pitot/ADR 2 as primary

- at 02:10:06 speeds are OK ; plane starts banking ; PF : "I have control" ;
Wouldn't a 'bus pilot suspect some sort of FBW computer(s) malfunction and start "aviating" ?
I don't quite understant your question.

- displayed speeds start to go wrong at 02:10:07 : after the, so far unexplained, FBW malfunction. (Cause or consequence of the FBW malfunction ?)
See above ; I agree with you if you replace "displayed speeds" (there was 3 of them) by "recorded speeds" (only 2).

Now look at pages 45 and 46 :
- page 45, BEA tries to make you think that the "NAV ADR DISAGREE" message came immediately after the "AUTO FLT AP OFF" message. This is not true. "NAV ADR DISAGREE" came in only at 02:12:XX (why XX ?)
BEA tries what? It's written plain & simple:
The table below lists the messages generated during the event, in order of priority and in a form similar to that in which it was displayed to the crew.
The purpose of this table is to show which message(s) will be directly seen by the crew, as the screen cannot contain them all.
That's why on the next page, with the hypothesis that no message was ever acknowledged/erased, the BEA shows simulated printscreens on a chronological basis (other purpose).