PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 777 Captains to the A380?
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 12:45
Rim-job

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
White Night...

There are plenty of sharp FO's on the A380 who could succeed in an upgrade on type. Likewise there are several FO's that may not be ready. It's no different on the A380, A330, or 777. Some are ready, some are not. P1 time has nothing to do with it. Depends on the individual. You having training experience should understand this all too well.

I've got P1 time on types over 55 tons, but does that really make me a better pilot then my best friend who doesn't? In fact, he's probably one of the most astute lads I've ever had the pleasure of flying with. He's a very good operator and more then capable of passing any command course. No question.

I've got P1 time flying domestic in Australia and I've got plenty of P2 time flying in Europe. And to be honest, the P2 time has better prepared me for where I am today. A lot goes into making a pilots background. My point being... P1 is not the "be all and end all". The type of experience, the conditions one has flown in, and the ability/keenness of the person in question play a bigger role as far as I'm concerned.