PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 11:39
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't say that we should be put on the equal (footing)
Really? I thought you said:
they should really think of joining the actual 2 pools together and stop selling hope to the atp, that's quite unfair!
What you are buying is an enhanced MCC course with the possibility of placements after the Cadets have been placed. Over the last few years things have been very tough and obviously the prospects of overflow placements have been almost non-existent. There is nothing that stops you using the MCC/AQC course to seek out your own employment opportunities.

As for "selling hope" what is it that you think anybody buying professional flight training is subscribing to? People buying lottery tickets, stocks and shares, pension plans, etc.... They are all buying "hope" if you think that is "unfair" then don't buy it. What I suspect you really mean, is that "hope" turned out not to be the "Guarantee" you hoped it might.

What you have purchased is an enhanced MCC course. The "bonus" is a possibility of placements if and when there is a requirement. I would get out there and start selling yourself, rather than worrying about something that simply isn't yet a widespread reality in the current marketplace.