PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 09:51
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, that's something weird, they haven't offered any job to the ATP for years, but they keep recruiting them... With the 2 pools system, cadets & atp, it's very unlikely that we will get a placement, they should really think of joining the actual 2 pools together and stop selling hope to the atp, that's quite unfair! I feel like I paid for a training that allow me to be in a pool that I can't get out. And I am starting to be tired of hoping for something that never comes.
I think flight 123 to CloudCuckooland is now boarding at gate 1.

The ATP scheme is a short (enhanced MCC) course for people who may have bought their commercial flight training elsewhere. The cadet scheme has been a circa £90,000 investment by people who have spent both that, and 18 months training with the organisation. An investment of less than 10 percent of that sum, doesn't and shouldn't put you on an equal footing when it comes to possible placements. What it does do, is to provide a top up reserve when the supply of cadets is insufficient to satisfy the customer requirements. Over the last few years that has been almost non-existent, however things may be looking a little brighter on the horizon.