PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 08:35
ExMilRedundancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I missing a trick? This is from OAA website for the FPP:

Accommodation during your training at Oxford and Goodyear is provided as part of your training package. You will have a choice of accommodation, subject to availability, and if you elect to live off-campus at Oxford, you will be supported by OAA transport services.

And this is from CTC website:

The items that are specifically included in CTC’s FPP sponsorship package and for which there shall be no charge made to the FPP Cadet are as follows:

• All basic (CPL/IR), intermediate (BAJOC) and advanced (type rating) training fees for ground school, instructor, aircraft and simulator requirements of CTC’s Approved courses.
• All first time flight examination fees
• Shared self catering accommodation during Basic training in Southampton (max 24 weeks)
• Shared self catering accommodation during Basic training in New Zealand (max 33 weeks)
• Shared self catering accommodation during Basic training in Bournemouth (max 8 weeks)
• Full board accommodation during the Intermediate (BAJOC) training (max 4 weeks)
• Bed and Breakfast accommodation for a maximum of 8 weeks during Advanced, type rating training normally in Heathrow

Now I don't know about you but that to me looks like accommodation is included. I know this is not normally the case but I'm assuming they are doing this to keep the cost as similar as possible between all of the schools. They probably can't include food as there are no facilities at CTC or OAA to do this as it is never included in the price.

The only thing extra you have to pay for is Food @ CTC and OAA. And their reduced price goes some way to covering that.