PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CanJet
Thread: CanJet
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2011, 01:49
Double Wasp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just Clearing up a point Willie,

There is presently "an issue" with an Australian carrier who were recently reinstated to fly by CASA. That issue has to do with foreign (Southeast Asian) pilots flying their aircraft, amongst other safety related issues. Most Australian pilots can tell you how they feel about 'foreign' pilots taking jobs away from national pilots in a similar fashion to here in Canada.
As far as I am aware there were no issues with foreign pilots flying Oz registered aircraft for Tiger. Tiger (Sing) flies from SIN -PER, Tiger (Aus) flew PER - Everywhere else. Aussie pilots flying Aussie registered aircraft. The issue was with the lack of management oversight, due to the lack of managers in place, and the safety issues that arose from that: lack of training oversight as well as a couple incidents of busting lowest safe etc. There was not one headline, that I saw, that stated foreign pilots were being employed. Australia is way more unionized than Canada and one can be sure that if foreign pilots were the issue it would have been heard loud and clear.

Now if we are talking Qantas (Jet Connect) or Jetstar, that is another issue.

Cheers
DW