PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 21:20
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds good, lonewolf.

#1 It didn't work.

#2 I have the distinct impression some qualifieds here are not in synch with the A330, or with your anlaysis, which I personally find impeccable.

#3 The difficulty with this Discussion is its free flow, and that is fine.

My opinions are based on my experience, and knowledge. As such, they mean probably nothing to anyone else. So what. Tell me, as a helicopter pilot, your impressions of having a combination manual/auto Trim on your aircraft. In Alternate Law, a regime virtually unflown in these circumstances by most if not all of the pilots currently operating the A300xx. On a moment's notice. No Sim, No Button. No ReDo.

It is so easy to focus on one thing, and that, as a pilot, can be deadly, hence your excellent posts on SA.

You scold the pilot group with innuendo that "Learn the Airplane"? is what's missing, the platform shows no unscrutables?

Or was it meant for me? Either way, it is not productive, and unlike your proven and excellent understanding.

Thousands of people have DIED to make flying Safe. It IS safe. Inherently Dangerous sounds like a line from a B movie. Driving is more dangerous, statistically, and in personal experience. Not all who fly are dumb.

I watched once at a test flight prior Launch. It was a wicked new and complex machine. The Pilot was confident, no, arrogant. fifteen minutes later he was burned beyond recognition, along with his a/c.

That isn't danger, that is insanity. The bottom line is the argument at all, here. Entrenched on the one side, over confident and arrogant on the other. A finding of any kind is pounced on, and morphed into "evidence." For what? EGO, and PRIDE. To my way of thinking, in furtherance of making flying LESS SAFE.

Personalyzing the debate is irritating. There is great stuff here along with the dross. Me Dross? Obviously, according to some, even most. Perhaps in my own eyes.

Mark my words, Aviation is careering into the weeds in front of us, and absent some patient direction from a source heretofore unknown, it will succeed in its quest for BBR.