PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA to JAA??!!
Thread: FAA to JAA??!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 20:54
pilotjc925

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question FAA to JAA??!!

Hey guys (and girls too)

I'm in quite the bind at the moment... A quick overview on myself, I am a FAA CPL/MEIR CFI,CFII working as a instructor part time while finishing up college (graduation Dec 2011). I've got around 600tt/60multi and the "shiny jet syndrome" is starting to set in, after graduating from college in December I could be flying for the regional airlines here in the states. My goals though are much larger: I'd like to live and fly professionally in Europe. Before some of you go and kill my expat dreams, I do have a UK passport which I just got this past year. I understand the JAA conversion is very extensive: 14 written exams (not the easy ASA test bank either!) following that a CPL conversion, and the MEIR conversion. Being a poor college student and all the costs of a conversion would be impossible, but I have a friend who is a chief instructor for a JAA/FAA school here in the states who offered me a bonded contract for two years in exchange for regular wages and a JAA conversion. I was wondering if anyone had any advice? Two extra years of Flight instructing can't be that bad (Im hoping! I also know there are many fATPL's out there who are having trouble finding jobs.

Hopefully someone can give me some advice, I know that was a lot of info in a short time!