PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CanJet
Thread: CanJet
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 20:28
Under-average joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being competitive is helpful to all of us here at Canjet. It allow all of Canjets canadian pilots to work during our busy season and to not be laid off in the slower period. It would be impossible to find 48 first officers who would quit their jobs come to Canjet, work for the six month we are busy and then go on EI. We try every year to find them. Some are on course now. Some will start in Dec. Some will stay on full time. Some won't.

Our model, while not perfect helps us Canadians from ground staff to the owners. Not to mention the hundreds of staff who are employed with our customer. We are remain competitive on several levels, one of which is our pay. It's our first contact and hopefully we will see some improvements.

Now I know I'm going to hear all about the jobs that Canadians are not getting when we bring in contract pilots. But what about all the full time Canadain guys we hire every year. We have been able to do this because of the contract guys. And what about all of us that are here now.
Would your rather us not be in business and looking for work. I know all the SSV guys that are here or on course are happy to have found a seat. And I know the recip agreement numbers will balance better next year.

I can understand the arguments for both sides. However, how much does it really mean when every airline in the world is hiring.

There are lots of guys here that say this is the best job they have ever had. Me included! Every summer off. Great layovers. Great bunch of guys and gals.

Sorry to all the Grammer Natzis.. on my mobile..

Last edited by Under-average joe; 18th Aug 2011 at 20:38. Reason: spelling