PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will I ever go solo?
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 19:30
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The skill level or length of time to solo (whether 36hrs or 100hrs) is not an issue
BabyBear

I do think 36 hrs to solo IS AN ISSUE

Ok as stated there are some especially old student pilots who dont really care whether they achieve solo or not! They enjoy the instruction and their weekly flight but dont have any real ambition. One day they think why not and do go solo at high hours.

There are younger pilots who have real problems? Who stick with flying for the wrong reasons and who are not safe and probably never will be.
That is an instructor/ CFI problem to tell them that they will never make the grade and to take up something else.

There are students who are not naturals and need more work but again thats an instructor/CFI problem.

There maybe students who have stop/ started over the years stopping before they achieve solo and restarting meaning the hours build.

The wealthy student who wants to fly twice a week regardless of weather and takes up flying at the wrong time of year?

But the reasonably young pilot, cash strapped with good instructors and a good attitude to flying should never take 36 hrs to solo

Pace