PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 18:46
FullTanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A view of the posts so far.
These are obviously exciting times for those who aspire to a career with BA - with whom I flew for 35+ years. However, like it or not, wherever BA have set the bar with regard to academic qualifications, they could have set it higher. This is simply a first stage filter in order to exclude the time wasters, but that is their perogative.
Firstly though, read the requirements carefully. If you do not have the minimum as stated your application will not proceed beyond this stage. If you have problems understanding the clearly defined minimum requirements you will certainly have problems passing your ATPL exams first time (RTFQ) - which will be a requirement.
Secondly, I'm afraid that those who are prepared to post comments with mistakes in spelling, grammar and syntax will find that their written submissions on the application form will inevitably mark them down in the eyes of the assessors.
In these days of 'text speak' etc. it is almost too easy to use a similar presentation in all written communications. Your comments and contributions to the forums will carry more weight without a perceived ignorance in the use of upper case or poor grammar and punctuation.
I'm sorry but this is important. So, all you aspiring applicants and posters to the forums, make a start now and I can assure you that your chances of success in the forthcoming 'competition' will be greatly improved.
A wellwisher.