PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Put me off, please.
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 18:23
Jumbo744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These forums are meant to be used to encourage and help those trying to get into the industy.
Anybody can get into this industry, if by industry, you mean, flight training industry! just pay 70.000$. Now, getting into the real Airline Industry is another story.

Reality can't hurt! Thank god there are posts like this one, otherwise we would all be repeating flying school lies: "come on, achieve your dream, become an airline pilot, you'll fly a 747 within 15 days of finishing training, you'll be rich!!"

To anyone thinking of starting training: be prepared for a lot of negative changes in your life, financial insecurity/bankruptcy, depression, etc...it's your choice.

I knew all of that before starting my training, and I am going through all this negativity now that I have finished my training, and I accept it. It doesn't hurt me much. The banks can go to hell. I have a good job in IT, and I'm hopeful to find a flying job some day, it's ok.

It just gets me extremely angry when I see flying school mates using pay to fly programs because it makes my quest for a flying job longer.