PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 16:56
airtren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a clarification, I think, like you, I expect the specs/certs to be non-ambiguous in defining the operational conditions, and functions within those conditions.

Without the specs/certs in front of me, I don't know if that non-ambiguous language extends to the range of conditions which is outside the operational conditions, as that's outside the scope. Therefore, I asked my question, as the possible ambiguity for the outside operational conditions range creates the difficulty of meeting the threshold, which I think you've set for yourself, with the wording you've used.

Originally Posted by jcjeant
Hi,

The language used in certification .. the words used must be accurate and not misleading and should not allow an interpretation that could afford not to keep strictly to these specifications
If this is not the case these certifications are useless and therefore the classification societies and certifications societies (and regulators) must be submitted to an external audit to detect problems .. skills or organizational
Trials and penalties can be at the corner .. as those specifications concern not only technical matters but also human lifes.