PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 18th Aug 2011, 15:48
Callsign Kilo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the capacity thing is ok, I would not bother practicing. Play a video game, more fun. Can't imagine they attach too much importance to it anyway. I think if you are a decent pilot the capacity thing should be ok...Worry about the interview, IMHO

If they don't attach much importance to it then why bother including it? I think they do attach a level of importance to it, as with all of the tests and exercises. I do agree that the interview and possibly the group exercise may weight a decision; especially with regards to your overall persona. From what I gather, from those who have attended and have been successful, no one test will make or break you. They appear to look at the overall picture. But yes, the interactive side of things appear most important.

I appiled for BA DEP last October.

I was offered an interview date.

BA changed the date one week before and I couldn't attend

I had to withdraw.

So I applied again August 2011.

This time unsucessful ?!?!?!? No Interview. WTF ?

I have 2800 Hours
ATPL
A320
And work in a legacy British Airline !?!?!? Male aged 31

Why was I not successful this time with more hours in my log book?

Is it because I am six months older ?
Doubtful, everyone that I know who have been offered a position haven't been under 27, the oldest 35. I don't think experience or the overall quality of the airline that you work for has hee haw to do with it either. I also doubt your were "black balled" for being inflexible. If anything, so my colleagues or soon to be ex collegues inform me, BA have appear to be flexible with candidates arrangements and commitments. Maybe your application just didn't cut the mustard this time around? However if you apply and withdraw by choice does that not mean BA restrict you from reapplying for a year???

Last edited by Callsign Kilo; 18th Aug 2011 at 16:06.