PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 14:38
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll try again to frame what I see is the beginning of the confusions in this place.

What was assiete at 2:10:03? We know the Pitch of this a/c at 2:10:05 was 0 degrees. Knowing this would give a rough 'trend'.

Because here's the deal: After taking controls (after 2:10:05) the Pitch actual of the a/c is ? Trending ?

A normal cruising PITCH value would be ~2.5 degree?

If we consider that this a/c was @ PITCH lower than expected and perhaps trending even lower when a/p was lost, called into question is the perhaps not too relevant "Book".

What does the "Book" have to say about this?

Throughout, I see this "Book" as simplistic in nature. It assumes straight and level, unaccelerated flight?

Some say that the pilot should have done nothing by way of maneuvering.

NOT FAIR. The airframe was assumed to be active; sit still and watch the nose drop further?

Or "SET 5 degrees PITCH and CLB THR." Sorry, also not pertained.

That is a COMMAND to maneuver, quite possibly.

Consider: A "proper" PITCH command by the PF could have involved a PITCH excursion of as much as 6 degrees, perhaps a bit more.

The a/c did not immediately climb. What shall he do? Likely wait and see what his initial stick produced? From the Traces, I think that is what he did. I will forgive this gent some anxiety, and perhaps that, brand new to the grip with a/p loss, he is NOT conversant completely with Neutral Point. Throw in a proven wing drop that the a/p quit on, OK?

Rolling, Nose Low, Cavalry Charge, Master Caution, etc.

Not an Emergency? Like DePressurization? hmmm.......... The "Book" calls the loss of the AutoFlight system an "UPSET".

In what language is "UPSET" not an emergency?