PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 18th Aug 2011, 13:09
goaroundnow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyer:

Numerical tests - Very basic maths (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division). The difficulty element is the time pressure - 25 questions, 12 minutes. If you had 30 minutes, I am sure most people would get close to 100%. The trick is to read the question and if either the answer, or the method to get the answer, is not immediately obvious then leave it and move on. The questions do NOT get harder as you go through.

Verbal reasoning - 52 questions (13 passages with 4 questions each) in 25 minutes. Again, it's all about time pressure. Some passages towards the end are easier than some towards the beginning. This is the hardest example of VR I have seen. The passages are short but the language used is quite hard. Pass mark unlikely to be high as most people admit to its trickiness. The art is to read the statements (i.e. the questions) carefully, small words (e.g. "may have" instead of "will have") can make a big difference.

Hope this helps.