PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Future Pilot Programme (FPP)(Merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 12:19
BerksFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
madjock,

I hope what you say is not correct, though I do fear it is. Far earlier in this thread I said that it looks like BA are reluctant to stand behind a loan. If they are going to be assessing what capital parents have then it'll be another kick in the balls for those in my position.

Using university as an example, the government deems my parents wealthy enough to support me therefore doesn't give me a full loan or bursaries etc, on the pretense that my parents will be pumping me money all year. My parents decide not to support me financially. I, and people like me, end up far worse off than those from poorer backgrounds, who receive much more government support.

Annoyingly, BA could take a similar stance and choose to persecute those whose parents do not help out. Either way, I don't believe a parent should have to put their capital behind a loan, so I guess it's just going to be tough luck for me if I were to be successful.

That said, if the majority of successful applicants are to have considerable life experience (ie. career changers), it shouldn't be an issue for many as they'll have their own capital to put behind a loan.