PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 12:03
Airmann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
snk,
Do you know that in almost every airline in the world f.o.'s move up aircraft size then back down to the smallest when they become captains. Do you know that back in the day fo's in British Airways used to go from flying the Concorde to becoming captains on HS748 (thats a turboprop by the way). Thats Mach2.0 at 60,000ft to 250knots. at 16,000. I'm fairly sure they still have the same policy, 777/747 back down to the ERJ.

And btw SNK Qatar will probably be getting regional jets in the future, so go and join them by the time you get your command they'll probably throw you back down to the C series or something of similar size. I mean what kind of person comes on a website and says that I'm too good to go down to a regional jet (mind you a jet not even a turboprop, which is where some pilots go in some airlines). The only reason you go from a 777/340/330 to a 320 in QR is because thats the smallest aircraft they have, once they get smaller you'll be straight to that.

And the reason people are defending GF is because it is actually going in the right direction. For a long time it was a bit of a joke, but it really isn't anymore, for the first time in a while things are looking up.

As for flying there and back GF is pretty standard, go ask guys on QRs 320 how they work, or Air Arabia, or anyone else for that matter, everyone is complaining right now because everyone is short of pilots and guys are working their backsides off. And we're done with the days of 3 night layovers, its there and back for everyone, not just in the Gulf, but all over the world.

I don't know what world you are living in SNK.