PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - BFS (Aldergrove)
Old 18th Aug 2011, 07:04
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see in July Ei carried about 3k less pax to Lhr than Bd from Bhd. Could Ei in time become the largest carrier to Lhr from Belfast?

Hey True Blue, I noticed this too. While they had a good share of LHR passengers to Belfast the figure is down on same month last year, it seems the BD had a huge drop (15%) in numbers. Alot to do with more flights on smaller aircraft. Though with Ryanair now departed from City, Luton back at BFS and WW not doing overly great it surprised me that BD didnt at least manage to keep figures close to last year.
  • BE had another strong month, continuously growing the route even when FR were in town. Probably down to increase in connectivity at LGW with BA, VS
  • WW had slight growth over last month
  • EI had a respectable 30k of pax despite a strong performance by EZY on STN & LGW and the return of LTN which I expected would hit EI service (if you consider the section of London NW between LHR and LTN)
  • LTN I expected would be much strong than last year given that it was 3 daily this year v 2 daily from BHD last year.
  • There was a good swing in share of London traffic back to BFS to approx 60% v 40% at BHD, last year with FR in town, a stronger BD and LTN at BHD it was more like 50/50!
Elsewhere, interesting to see that EMA numbers for combined BE & WW within striking distance of FR x 3 daily last year!!
Birmingham BHD this month surpassed total Belfast Birmingham figures for last year same month
Manchester overall market saw a decline.

EI-BUD