PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mustangs at Maralinga
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2011, 04:00
Spotl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aseanaero - interesting you mention Mustangs buried somewhere in Woomera range area in your post #88. I was associated with 'Kuringai'(?) bombing trials by RAAF ARDU in Woomera in the early 1980's where F111 and Mirage Acft were used. Didn't hear anything about Mustangs, but at Evetts Field (an airfield, about 30NM out of Woomera and separate to Woomera airfield) where the trials were conducted were 10-12 Canberra Bombers spread out. I visited the airfield on three occasions and saw these aircraft myself. The 'Kuringai' bombs would piece the skin of these aircraft and make them inoperative. So, in effect to an average person the aircraft would look as if they had little or no damage. My question is: "Are these Canberra aircraft still at Evetts Field or have they been
sold and removed?"

aseanaero - Also, sorry didn't know about the the 'Atomic Mustang' thread and only found the 'Mustangs at Maralinga' thread that commenced in Nov 2007, so placed the video of the Mustangs at Emu here. Maybe, the 'Mods' need to combine both threads.

Last edited by Spotl; 20th Aug 2011 at 08:59.