PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment IX
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 20:06
bumblebimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Miyoko and arvind79

I had my FI in NY at the very end of May... I've been reading these boards since end of June in hopes of finding some answers as well. There are several of us who have been waiting for months (and at some point, you just start thinking you have to make a decision... ya know? To walk away maybe? ).

Anyway, in July I sent them an email once I hit the 6 week mark as that's what they indicated we do on our FI form. My online status changed 2 days later to "Approval In Progress". Just the other day, I received my grooming email and then today my online status says "You will be contacted". I'm hoping this means that they are finally reviewing our group and we'll get some good news out of this. At this point, if you haven't received a no, you're still in the running. I would assume with the expansion plans, they utilize a rolling recruitment and people move quickly through the various stages, based on location of FI and recruiters.

I've heard from some people that the process can take a few months (and Emirates employee actually, on another board---took 3 months for the GC), and I guess those that get their calls after only two weeks are extremely lucky.. :/