PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447 wreckage found
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 18:37
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me stand in agreement with you, then, safety concerns. Feedback is not an issue. It is vestigial.

Feedback is a form of SA, and a tactile one. Cockpits have been non tactile for a generation. (commercial).

I made note before, that allowing one's body to sense and decide a course of recovery of control is a very bad thing. One is stuck with, works from, instruments, and indications.

Is it possible PF was trying to utilize his 'feel'. Could be, he certainly chased NOSE UP until 1.65 'g'. If he was flying 'g', he was in the weeds.

I don't reject Pilot blunders, and yes, it is difficult. But there are a thousand pilots like the one caught out here. Is that comforting?

My bottom line. The Big Picture. Salivating and ranting about the "ONE" UAS incident that was fatal, and how safe fbw truly is, is dangerous.

In jumping on this pilot, one is entering a dangerous State.

The State of DENIAL. Reliance on automatic flight is routine. How is all of a sudden a shift to Human flight uncomfortable? Pilotage should be a given, a default to be yearned for, not feared.

This time it was "his" fault? That is shortsighted, and dangerous.