PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pictures of your planes
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 17:15
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I decide to place that image with a picture agency/library to make money from then it is strongly reccomended that I get an MR signed by Mr540.
OK, but why?

The fact that a library may require it is a separate issue. They can ask for what they like.
As a snapper I would have asked Mr540 if he minded me taking the piccy in the first place, most people don't mind, but it costs nothing to ask, and frequently will get you a better image.
Possibly, but a verbal agreement means nothing. The subject could claim he never gave consent.

Not wishing to pick holes, and I know zero about the law in this area, but a public place is a public place, and any recognisable face is a recognisable face. This would prevent pictures of a crowd being taken and used.

Or is there a separate requirement to not use images containing recognisable people in a context which might make them appear as dishonourable, etc? I could well understand that. But even if a photo library had a MR then anybody using that picture later needs to watch that. The MR does not consent to having oneself degraded, so to speak, at some later date, I assume.
Surely the picture would be better if you asked Mr 540 to please just step out of shot for a minute
Hohoho

Just because you have more hair than I have...