PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 16:35
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am aware that higher LF's doesn't necessarily mean higher yields. However, I think the fact that an airline associated with cheaper fares operates into LPL out of LDY can filter out some of the more price sensitive passengers on the LDY - MAN route, so I find it hard to believe that the reason this route is not being continued whilst for example NOC-EDI is, is down to the fact that the passengers using this route are tighter with their money than passengers at either NOC or EDI.

Tomorrow, you can fly from EDI to NOC for £66. I might be wrong but that's a slightly longer distance than LDY to MAN; has lower LF's and so to me looks cheaper. Perhaps people using this route though buy a lot of alcohol and mascara whilst in the air, but I highly doubt this is substantially more than those flying from LDY. (The reason I use mascara as an example is that a passenger behind me on my recent flight from MAN to LDY purchased such an item.)

But I hope for whatever reason NOC is getting more routes and extensions over LDY from BE works out for them. we're not jealous or anything...