PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 6
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 15:53
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3holelover.

The Rudder Travel Limiter 'hobbles" the Rudder. It limits it from unsafe deflection into a too energetic airstream, hopefully preventing damage, or loss of Rudder and or Vertical Stabiliser. The Artificial Horizon is very definitely available as optional equipment, it is fitted on Captain's side, high/left, as I understand it.

BUSS (Back Up Speed System) is also available, and I think provided as basic on the 380.

ISIS is definitely Standby, but driven by the same system that powers the PFDs. If unavailable, a "Steam" AHI is nice.

Do you take seriously the accusation that I am Troll? I thought better of you. I am a pilot, been flying for 40 years, flew commercially, and at one time owned my own air freight concern.

I take flying seriously, I have never had an accident, and I frequently canceled if I thought there was even a chance of anything unseemly. I don't throw tantrums, or poop, and I respect everyone. Making silly accusations is not appropriate, imo.

If something disagrees with me, I may comment on it, I may ignore it, but to personalize it or stoop to childish harping is a waste of time, everyone's.