PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1time CEO, DFO & Cabin Crew Director asked to step down
Old 17th Aug 2011, 14:16
Foo-Fighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
be fair

Aviation would be fantastic if it wasn't for us pilots, don't you think?

I think this thread has gone a tadd off topic (as so many do).

However, i do think that there is an inherent tendency for us pilots to considder other pilots 'unthankful', 'disloyal' and 'hating the job', just because we air our frustrations on a public forum. This is simply not true, and it's a really STUPID attitude.

Why can't we simply listen to the things that are upsetting one another, and try to help or support? The stock standard answer of, 'well if, if you hate it so much, why don't you just piss-off' is exactly what i am talking about.

Are we still so old-SAAF brainwashed that people who are frustrated by certain things within their companies deserve that comment? If you've ever made a comment like that (not only that one, but anything to do with the immediate shoot-down of the opinion voiced) ...i'm sorry, but i have to put you into that category and find anything posted by such people hard to hang merit to.

On the other hand (and i have found myself guilty of this personally more than once), when we do air our views, maybe taking a breath and being fair towards the company that provides your bread and butter (or meat and potatoes?) is a good idea? Think the post through first a bit. Read it once or twice. I certainly havn't in the past and just blasted off into orbit because i was upset about ONE thing...but certainly not HATING my job!

I truly don't think that anyone who has a gripe leveled against any company are in a state of HATE or all out WARFARE against the company, they merely are trying to say that somethings, sometimes, just gets up their noses...not?

What's so wrong about wanting things to be better, or fair, or safe? Honestly,what?

Last edited by Foo-Fighter; 18th Aug 2011 at 05:10. Reason: can't spell