PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 08:56
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That EXT route is the perfect example that shows something isn't quite right with BE's flight scheduling department.

In fairness, the MAN route was announced as seasonal, and isn't being stopped any earlier than previously suggested. Perhaps when the route ends in September, there'll be an announcement by Flybe saying that the continuation of the route is now bookable from March/May 2012. I still don't understand why they are invalidating their initial investment, the routes been established, and is now proving itself, but they're pulling it! I agree Carn, a majority of passengers would prefer a constant service. I bet if the route didn't operate on Tuesdays, the route in have a LF in the 70's. Dropping that would certainly mean the route was viable through winter.

Fingers crossed for some announcement from BE shortly. I really do believe we'll see that for the next Summer season, STN will go double daily also.

BTW - 80% for BHX and they were going to drop it! Silly, silly Ryanair! At 12.9% growth year rolling, LDY is the second largest growth in the UK, exceeded only by Southend!

Last edited by NorthernCounties; 17th Aug 2011 at 09:34.