PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 744 Engine Fire bottles
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2011, 07:17
Tonic Please

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
744 Engine Fire bottles

Hello,

Forgive my purpose but it's the information I'd like for mere understanding.

I have the PMDG add-on for FSX (I know, I know, it's only a simulator!) and, being the same price nearly as FSX itself, it's jam-packed with 90%+ of 744 bits and bobs so very 'realistic' in terms of whats possible in the simulator world. It was designed by pilots, too, so ease up a little Here is a link so you can see what it includes: PMDG Simulations - I can't find the longer list, typical).

Anyway, one can set failures so I set an engine fire 2 minutes after take-off. Whilst I followed the procedures and landed successfully, a few things occured to me re. the real world.

1. On the EICAS page, once I have pulled the fire switch and turned it (to the left, first, for ex.), what does the yellow caution "BTL LO ENG R A" (or B to the right mean?).

2. Do you use rudder trim to help keep the wings level and nose more centralised?

3. What is the difference between pulling the fire switch and twisting it and which way do you twist and why? Pulling is arming?

4. Would you still use A/T mode with an engine on fire or simply shut down? What about regular autopilot?

I guess that's all. Thanks very much!

TP.