PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 16th Aug 2011, 16:19
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(apart from Kylie Minogues @rse)
Can't really argue much with that.

But I'm not sure about your "supply and demand" theory. When I applied to green brush-wing airlines, they had a stack of resumes and even though I was in a group of 30 guys or so, I only saw a handful of them later. We all had loads of experience and I had some friends with even more hours than me who didn't even get a bite. Yet I came off the interview making money (I didn't spend all the allowance they paid me while in Hongkers for the 4 days).

So I don't think it is a supply issue. Major airlines will never have a shortage of applicants. That is what regional airlines are for. But the minimums have changed and gone considerably south, and I think that is why they can get away with some of the stunts they are pulling now. Some new guy with a few hundred hours is much more likely to sacrifice if he can get his foot in the door. The airlines know this, and they are very much aware that "you get what you pay for".

I just wish someone would be held accountable when everybody starts asking "how could they do that?" after someone augers one in good. Then all these HR people scurry off to the rocks they crawled out from and look for others to take the blame. Funny how their HR skills don't seem to work to isolate the problem then.