PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is aviation in Africa really unsafe?
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 13:02
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vuka, this is not your personal thread, people do not need your permission or blessing to post, reply or upgrade to captain. You obviously have quite high sense of self worth(arrogance) which is quite common amongst young males of your background that I have worked with. Unfortunately, these narcissistic leanings are usually not based on ability. You may be in fact an excellent aviator but you are in absolutely no position to determine a pilots suitability as a Captain because they disagree with you. If anything, it should be the other way around. By questioning someone's skills and abilities based on their replies and whether or not they agree with your opinions you merely show your own lack of professionalism, maturity, objectivity and tendency to remain calm under pressure or duress. BTW, the previously listed characteristics tend to partially embody what I would consider a good aviator. Additionally, I can't help but notice that you have made it your policy on this thread to place blame on all the safety problems in Afrika and all of Afrika's woes on neo-colonialism, foreign influence and corruption(also blamed on foreigners). This mentality is exactly why Afrikan aviation is unsafe. Your lack of accountability and responsibility, racism, xenophobia and overall tendency to blame others is precisely why aviation on this continent is unsafe. I also couldn't help but notice that you are an F/O for a Brit company. If you are such an aviation expert and safety minded and an Afrikan patriot, perhaps your skills would be less selfishly put to use back in Afrika at an Afrikan company instead of being "exploited" for your abilities by an evil foreign devil(V Atlantic). YOUR attitude is commonplace here and THIS attitude that you and so many on this continent have is why Afrikan aviation is unsafe. I have answered the question of your posting, you're welcome. PS, if you think the colonials were bad, just wait for the Chinese...