PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - trojan problem emails
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 11:30
rans6andrew

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
trojan problem emails

Daily I keep getting a number emails, each claiming to be a "UPS Notification" and which have a trojan embedded in. When I delete them (Mozilla Thunderbird) they get moved to my deleted items folder BUT this single email totally jams up the folder meaning subsequent deleted items can't clear until the folder is emptied. As I am getting several of these rogue emails each day I have to manually delete and empty the folder in a careful order to prevent the rogue files ever being opened/read. The virus tools I have (AVG) only pick up the threat when it is moved into the deleted items folder.

I have tried using the message filter tool to automatically move the mails to the deleted folder but the lock up seen above still happens with the attendant risk of the next message automatically opening on message deletion, the next message MAY be another rogue message.

If I set a message filter to "remove from POP3 server" is this going to remove the message from the server and NOT bring it to my local folders? Anyone know how this is handled by the Thunderbird system?

Thanks for reading this.

Rans6....