PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay pacific scandal
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 11:17
FO Cokebottle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quoted in my email to a newspaper who reported this crap......

I would like to point out a few details:

1. The flight attendant in question is NOT wearing an official Cathay Pacific uniform blouse (which is an off white colour with small Cathay swish logos of green red and yellow all over it) as would be the case on an "in-flight" duty - having removed her tunic (which is all red in colour save the seam trim which is burn yellow in colour)for cabin duty.

2. She is not wearing the standard pantyhose that a designed to prevent such ailments as varicose veins etc. that are associated with standing/walking for long periods under pressurised conditions. In fact she is wearing self supporting stockings which look good above the hem line but offer nil benefit to the wearer.

3. Her make up is shoddy at best - taking into account the pixel size - this is not to Cathay cabin crew required standard. Look at the slept-in look of the eye liner for point in case. After a crew rest make up has to be reapplied before going back on duty in the cabin.

4. Her skirt is navy blue whereas Cathay flight attendants skits are red - same as the tunics.

One thing is for sure though - these two pictures were taken in the cockpit as she is sitting in a jump seat with her legs resting on the seat in front which has lambs wool covers giving reason to believe that that seat is a pilots seat.

The interior of the cockpit is blue/grey suggesting its an Airbus cockpit.

The door is between the seat she is sitting in and the second jump seat. I know that the A330/340 have the two jump seat to the right of the cockpit entry door. Not sure about the A310/19/20 series cockpits, but for sure the A380 has a jump seat either side of the cockpit entry door.

Conclusion: it "may" have well occurred on-board a flight but by the evidence above - its not a Cathay flight nor flight attendant as.......wait for it.....

CATHAY DO NOT HAVE A380 NOR A320 AIRCRAFT IN ITS FLEET.

Further to the above and after a google search here is the following quote from an unrelated forum (to this news artical) regarding A320 jump seat configuration:

"Most of them have two. One behind and slight left of the CA seat, and the other parks behind the FO seat and slides in front of the door when folded down."

A closer look of the sitting picture confirms that its an A320 cockpit and therefore, NOT an aircraft in the Cathay fleet.

I suggest, for your reporters, do a search of mainland China airlines and their cabin crew uniforms to nut this one out.