PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2 dead in Vic NW of Melb at Wallup
View Single Post
Old 16th Aug 2011, 10:55
Harry Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a member of Angel Flight, but they deserve our support, starting with a retraction from you.

I say again, delete your posts and I'll delete mine as well.
Your dreamin pal.

When I used to fly "charters" for Ansett when their primary aircraft broke down we were required by law to disclose that it was a not an Ansett flight as such, that it was a charter flight blah blah blah. It may as well have been in Russian because bottom line is that no one probably had a clue what we were on about anyway and probably didn't care.

There is no difference here. People expect a certain level of safety when they step aboard an aircraft.

I understand fully what Angel Flight is, what it does and the benefit it provides. My concern is that a young girl is dead, her mother critical. I dont often vent on PPrune but I am angry. You cannot fly a single engine passenger charter at night under the regulations let alone night and IFR. Why couldnt these people be afforded, or expect to be afforded that same level of safety even if it is a Private Operation? Do they understand fully the difference between Private, Airwork or Charter. Are they given a copy of CAR 206 to peruse along with their safety briefing card? People all over this thread are saying that the weather was bad, the departure time never would of allowed them to arrive in daylight. Where was that final layer of protection that would have terminated this flight before it departed?

If you actually read my post then you might see I made no such comments as you are referring to. I wanted to know what the checks and balances are. A point you seem to have missed. Again the point of my post now.

As for my last comment, I won't withdraw that.

Angel Flight as I said is a noble idea and a worthwhile and important charity but in view of last nights events it needs to look at itself and its operations to see where improvements can be made. Its no different to what any operation would do in the same instance.