PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Aug 2011, 09:27
flyforfood1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, it amazes me. Lots of the SAME questions keep appearing all the time, some of you lot are too lazy, see that thing up there, 3 in from the right, use it.

Or better yet, ask the question at interview!!! Are you really going to decide about taking the job if I give you an answer about "how long it will take to get a work permit" wtf, why does that matter! - they are desperate for pilots, you think there will be some teeth sucking or "hhmm not going to be able to...." you'll be given a number and put on the next available course and then work your backside off!

Come on guys, its flying an aeroplane in a hot country and getting paid for it. Go to work, take the money, go home. Same s*** (potentially a bit more though) different colour.

Granted the rules change here every week, but in general.

1. You won't know where you will be living until you get here - FACT

2. You won't know which fleet you going on until they offer you the job, even then it may change - FACT

3. You will be paid what it states in your contract, you will be bonded for whatever you sign against. (If you don't like it, don't take the job!) - FACT

I'm off for a shisha - jeez (oh wait, its ramadan )